Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Slim Down Sunday

So perhaps its not Sunday, and perhaps I've been procrastinating over even posting my dismal effort this past week. But hiding my head in the sand will not gain me any favours when it comes to slimming down....

So what did I lose this week? only 300g!! :( and I did put alot of conscious effort into healthy eating and exercising 4 out of 7 days.
But I had a massive blow out on Sunday, (family bbq) where I ate nearly a weeks worth of food....I'm kidding you not!! Just think 3 bread rolls, sausages, steak, potato salad, mudcake and other mouthfuls of this and that......and that was just at lunch time!! I knew it was not a good thing to do at the time but sometimes I just get into these moments where thinking and being conscious just doesn't happen! And of course no workout that day either!!

I also had my Fitness Barbie friend come over for a epic workout on Saturday, she was able to give me a little push to get me out of my comfort zone.

I was doing lunges with 4.5kg weights, and doing lots of leg raises and I am now able to do interval running on the treadmill at 11kms per hr :) When I first started running I thought that 6kms per hr was fast!! lol!!

I thought I handled the exercise really well until the next day when I could barely walk and I couldn't use the stairs cause my legs hurt so bad!! I couldn't even sit on the loo properly and nearly tore the seat off cause I was flopping down on it!! SHAME that I'm so unfit!! lol!!

But this week is a new week and will a new treadmill I am more then ready to keep up the hard work.

SO goal this week - Exercise 5 out of 7 days (do better then last week)
and to prevent another food blowout!!

I'm off to check out other slim down sunday efforts here and here and here

Good luck with this week girls!




4 comments:

  1. Sue, Don't be so hard on yourself! We can't totally deprive ourselves of the food we love. It sounds like you had a lot of fun! If it slows down weighloss for that one week, then so what? Like you said, we have another week ahead of us! I'm impressed with the working out! I used to do aerobics and remember those days when the stairs were insurmountable because my legs hurt so bad. The good news - the workout worked! I always see workout soreness as success! :-) Don't worry about last week, just keep focussing on your new workout and your new week! You got this!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! I think I gained 10 lbs just reading about all that good food! :) Good for you on all the exercising! I need to add that into my week and maybe I will see a change, for the good! You're doing great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah there is always next week lol. I am trying to lose weight too but it isn't moving too fast I tell you!!

    We have a treadmill which lately I seem to dust more than use,,,I really should get my butt back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words everyone, they have picked me up for the week where as generally I would be slack for another week instead of getting back into it :) Cheers Sue

    ReplyDelete