I had been craving these cakes and thought I would give them ago :)
|Fresh made this morning amazing and delish!! Cake was demolished before it cooled down :)|
I'm trying this recipe for the Lemon Syrup Cake.
• 170 g self-raising flour
• 170 g caster sugar
• 115 g soft butter or margarine
• 2 large eggs
• 4 Tablespoons milk
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• Grated rind of one lemon
• Juice of one lemon
• 115 g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160o C. Line a 210 x 114 cm (approx.) or similar size loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Add all of the ingredients for the cake to a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix on low speed with an electric mixer for two minutes, or until all ingredients are moistened.
4. Mix on high speed for two minutes- or until mixture is thick and creamy.
5. 'Pour' cake mix into lined tin and bake at 160o C for 50 minutes.
6. For the syrup:
a. Five minutes before the cake is due to come out of the oven, add lemon juice and sugar to a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
b. Pour the warm syrup over the hot cake.
c. Leave to cool in tin before taking it out.